Re: A83: TI COLOR!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: TI COLOR!!!!

No need to get worked up. All theese are well known.
The problem is that there is no way of controlling it, better then getting
lines across, without anything more.
If I don't rememer wrong, you generate this effect by setting the op-amps
in the lcd (via the lcd control port) to strange/wrong values. (A pdf with
technichal documentation about the lcd driver in the 83 at least, can be
found at my site, here: ftp://alh.dhs.org/calculator/ti83/tech/ , it
contains _everything_ you can do with the lcd, have fun playing)
Not very usefull that is. And it is probably not very good for the lcd to
do it for a long time.
I am not sure it is the exact same lcd driver in the 83+ though, but ther
is little chance of controlling this effect so that it becomes usefull.
(how fun is a horizontal blue line, really? :)

///Olle