[A83] Re: Edit buffer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Edit buffer

> Van: Peter-Martijn Kuipers <hyper@@hysoft-automation.com>
>
> I've been doing some research on edit buffers on the TI83+(SE),
> (3rd party unsupported info at TI's site), and there's a few little
> questions that're on my mind:

> -I want to use the edit buffer to edit only the contents of a file, and
> not have it displayed on the homescreen in big font the way the
> TIOS program editor does. Is that no problem?

I think that you could better do it manualy, just find your file (maybe
even move it to some place you like), and then _insertmem all free memory
right after it. Keep some pointers to keep track of your 'cursor', so you
can close it nicely afterwards. As always, don't forget to update the
sizebytes.

> -What is the easiest way to read in keypresses as tokens (preferably with
> sub-menu's too), without the aforementioned direct display too (TIS
> prog editor style).

You could try to do things yourself, use _convKeyToTok and _KeyToString.
When the systeminterrupt is running then it stores the current keypress
into three bytes, one with the normal keycode, one which says if it's an
extended (2 bytes) token, the third stores the 2nd byte of this 2 byte
token. These routines want the 2 byte token-key in DE, and will then
convert it to a token or a string.

> -Does anybody have a tip on how to put (variable width) sprites
> directly on the homescreen fast. (preferably without direct lcd
> communication).

Uhm, on the Ti83+ you can write _(v)puts replacements... You could write a
routine that waits for some character after which it outputs the next data
as a sprite. I think it can only work with a Flash-program...

	Henk Poley <><