[A83] Re: Storing/Recalling User-Vars

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Storing/Recalling User-Vars

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Mächler" <valio@bluewin.ch>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 12:17 PM
Subject: [A83] Re: Storing/Recalling User-Vars

> > These do different things.  This is an 8-bit load:
> >
> > >     ld hl,op1+1
> > >     ld (hl),'W'
> >
> > This is a 16-bit load:
> >
> > >     ld hl, 'W'
> > >     ld (op1+1),hl
>
> Of course I did know that. But I want to know
> if both codes does exactly the same (expected
> that hl maybe isn't the same value after execution).
>
> Do they or do they not the same?
>
>             Valio

Yeah hl will be different after execution.  The first example, hl would
equal what ever the equated to in your include file plus one (8478+1 on the
83+).  The second example loads the ascii value(77h) into hl.  This is a
word(16 bits, or 2 bytes) so l=77h and h = 0.  When you store word to op1+1,
you are storing the value 77h to location op1+1 and 0 to locationop1+2.  The
first example does not overwrite op1+2 with a 0.  Obviously the first examle
does not destroy register a and the second example does.

Brandon Sterner

Follow-Ups: References: