[A83] Re: Using ZDS to compile programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Using ZDS to compile programs

> No, convhex does not squish the program as AsmComp( would do. You'll =
> have to do that on your calc after you have uploaded the program. Me =
> myself would like to see a program that squishes the program BEFORE it =
> is sent to the calculator and using the intel hex output from ZDS.

Perhaps that is something I can look into if I ever update the conv*
utilities. It does make sense, I admit :)

To answer Andrey's question: AsmComp takes the text bytes and turns them
into a single byte. For example the "C9" (two bytes) would be converted into
É (201 in decimal) saving a byte of space. Your program size is effectively
halved.

AppGuru does not deal w/things like MirageOS - since I wrote that specially
targetting Flash app development. The first few tutorials were standard
assembly programs so that the reader could get a feel for the language. Look
at AsmGuru for information on standard assembly. I don't think MirageOS was
out when I wrote AsmGuru - but like Harper mentioned, it does cover Ion and
SOS (I think :))

Finally, AFAIK you can't use B_CALL()-style macros.

HTH,

James.

- James Matthews
Generation5: http://www.generation5.org/
"...At the forefront of Artificial Intelligence..."