[A83] Re: Ion v1.6 garbled screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ion v1.6 garbled screen

> Van: Ronald Teune <rtwolf@gmx.net>
>
> snip
>
> >In this version, I use a copy routine which checks whether the display
> >is ready, so it should be able to adapt to any display speed, giving
> >even the extremely long delays needed on some 83+SEs.  But I'm not
> >yet completely sure this will work.
>
> won't it be extremely slow (assuming you're using bcall(_LCDBusy))?

No, there's a bit you can read from the LCD-port that says if the LCD
driver is busy, just loop untill it's free again... For normal Ti83s and
Ti83+es this is quite slow though (one check-loop is far slower than the
time the LCD needs to 'respawn'). On the Ti83+SE though it might be very
usefull.

	Henk Poley <><