[A83] Re: Ion v1.6 garbled screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ion v1.6 garbled screen

>By 100, I was referring to the total amount of time in between writes, not
>just the amount of delay I had inserted, so it isn't quite that bad.

I also meant the total amount of time between writes...
But I checked now. I had a total time of 28-35 between writes.

from my old code:

the inner loop:

w_col
         nop                     ;4
         outi                    ;
         ld      DE,11           ;10
         add     HL,DE           ;11
         jp      nz,w_col        ;12

heres the whole..  for curiousity. the delays where maybe a bit short :)
But I had a period of extreme time-optimization then :)
one of the first routines I wrote for the calc...
looks like I had some self modifying code in it too :D
(thats what the label mkod is for...)

LCDupdate
         ld      hl,8e29h        ;graph backup postion..
         ld      a,5
         out     (10h),a
         ld      a,20h
         ld      IX,mkod
         inc     IX              ;now it points right...
         nop
         nop
new_col
         out     (10h),a         ;new column
         ld      a,80h           ;7
         ld      a,80h           ;more delay ;7
         ld      bc,4011h        ;load data for outi.. (and delay at the
same time! :) ;10
         nop                     ;delay... 4
         out     (10h),a
         inc     IX