[A83] Re: Randomization

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Randomization

At 19:27 2001-12-11, you wrote:

>I haven't worked with random numbers in any of my programs yet but, to load
>a random number in a register goes like this right ld a,r ?
>
>But how can one then set the seed of the random "list", thus getting the
>same "list" when you set the seed to a certain number?
>
>Thanks

The register r is not a built in random, and is not very random. (I think
it just increments and wraps around)
It is the "memory refresh register" used internally.
It could be used as seed to a real random routine like one of those I
posted before though, but shouldn't be used directly if you want a good random.
Since it is not a random, you cant set its "seed"...

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: