From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of Burak G|l
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 10:32 AM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Randomization

So is it possible to create a random number generator that's more
complex
than the calculator's random number generator?

--- David Phillips <david@acz.org> wrote:
>=20
> I was going to say, didn't you read my message, but I guess it hasn't
> been
> delivered yet :)
>=20
> The following is a linear congruential function:
>=20
> X(n+1) =3D ((a * X(n)) + c) % m
>=20
> m =3D modulus (want m > 0)
> a =3D multiplier (want 0 <=3D a < m)
> c =3D increment (want 0 <=3D c < m)
> X(0) =3D the seed (want 0 <=3D X(0) < m)
>=20
> This information is taken from the following page:
>=20
> http://primes.utm.edu/glossary/page.php/LinearCongruential.html
>=20
> This topic came up a month ago on the assembly-86, so I suggest you
read
> the
> following post of mine:
>=20

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/mail/assembly-86/2001_November/msg00001.h
tml
=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
I'm a moderator of http://www.ti-programmers.com forum.
Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.
Beyin: onu kullanarak d=FC=FE=FCnd=FC=F0=FCm=FCz=FC =
d=FC=FE=FCnd=FC=F0=FCm=FCz bir alet.
=A0 -Ambrose Bierce