[A83] Re: Small C?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Small C?

Sorry, if I restart something annoying, I'm new to
the list. And I'm just about to stop it after this
post. :)

> It can be very handy to program first in C, try it, and
then hand-optimize
> the code. Or just use the C file as a basis for your
handwritten assembly
> programs workflow. And And there are also some nice
things inside the
> startup/lib code you might want to use, compilers tend to
have a nice
> library full of handy things (SDCC breaks this rule...)
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not against high-level
languages, I just think it's completely useless to
consider them in the case of such a limited machine.
The 89, 92 etc. are simply another category, it
makes much more sense to think about alternate ways.)

You'll never write an object oriented environment (OS?)
for a z80-based calc. There are no really large
projects possible, simply because of the small
amount of memory and cpu power available. If someone
wants to learn programming, he should start with
a real computer. I wouldn't even learn assembly
for the sake of programming these little thingies...

If someone starts developing serious programs
(compared to the potential of the hardware),
he shouldn't immediately choose a way that
makes it impossible to really exploit these
potentials.

I don't understand why it is better to force
using a hih-level language other than #including
a set of well-optimized routines you made
for yourself.

Yes, I'm a passionate fan of assembly. :)

PG