[A83] Re: Can't Connect

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Can't Connect

At 08:30 2001-12-05, you wrote:
> > Just recently, my TI-83 Plus stopped connecting to my computer/other
> > calculators. There's nothing wrong with the cable, because it worked
> between
> > two other calculators. Is something broken, is there any way to fix
> this, and
> > has anyone had this problem before?
 >You'll have to be more specific...

I think he was quite specific. It didn't work calc to calc, with a cable
that worked between two other calcs.
It can't be much more than the calc that is in error then.
Most probably the connector in the calc is broken.

If you don't have warranty left, I would recommend opening it and check if
the connector is lose or if maybe the little metal thingies (there must be
a better name, but english isn't my native language :)) in it is bent.
If so, bend it right and/or resolder it. It can be loose without beeing
visible loose too, with a small crack in the soldering. so even if you
don't see anything, it could be a good idea to resolder. if you don't have
warranty. solder in the calc definatly voids the warranty :)
If you have warranty, and isn't a die hard do-it-yourselfer you are
probably better off contacting TI and having it replaced.

Before this though, it might be a good idea to try fully reset the calc. I
have never heard of anyone losing link capability because of software
screwup though, but who knows...

///Olle