[A83] Re: Linux Appsign Utility Realeased

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Linux Appsign Utility Realeased

> I'm sorry, I do not have permission (yet?) to distribute the source.
> (A lot of the source was from TI)
> My contact at TI is working at it.

I didn't mean to come off as sounding harsh.  Good job on the program and
convincing TI to port it to Linux.  But to be truely useful, the source
needs to be released.  Do you think you could convince them to distribute it
under the GPL, or another similiar, OSI approved license?  I am wanting to
make a package or some packages for Debian that contain development tools
for calcs, and Debian requires that everything be free software.  If that
can't happen, I'd still be interested in reimplementing it.  Can you or
anyone else provide information on how it works?  I've never looked at it
before.

> about the zip file, well, it was easier at the moment.
> I can make it .tar.gz if you really, really, really want it ;-)

Nah, I was just kidding.  There are free versions of zip and unzip for unix.
 But if you want real unix tools on your Windows box, I highly recommend
checking out Cygwin.  It's pretty nice to be able to scp a file from
Windows.

> If you want it on PPC, you'll have to explain to me how to set up my gcc
> as a cross compiler for ppc, so I can compile it for ppc.
> It's a hard way, but for now, it's the only way...

It was a rhetorical question.  I am considering getting an iBook soon, and I
know a lot of people use LinuxPPC or OS X, so why leave them out?

Follow-Ups: References: