[A83] Re: TIOS push recovery

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: TIOS push recovery

> He isn't refering to the ret address, just the junk generated by  the
program
> which leaves tios with the stack too high. They could be doing a ld
hl,(some
> place where stack was stored); ex hl,sp right after the return, otherwise
it
> should have a problem.

Not, immediately, no.  Like I said, it just makes the stack bigger.
Eventually, it will run of out space and crash.

> If it does correct, this should work, otherwise crash.

Nope.  Otherwise, any pushes your program makes would crash it, if the stack
were full.  This should be very trivial to test.  Check the stack pointer,
push some stuff, return.  Run it again, compare values.  If it's bigger
(lower address actually), then the OS doesn't clear junk.