[A83] Re: Excuse me for asking:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Excuse me for asking:

>> Ah. Is that this program?
>
>Hey, my code wasn't _that_ bad :)  Although, I remember programming a game
>in BASIC on the IBM PC in 6th grade and not knowing about arrays, and hard
>coding an entire map with stuff like
>
>IF X = 37 AND Y = 45 THEN
>IF X = 37 AND Y = 46 THEN

Wow! That's quite big!

>I don't think I ever finished that program :)  Anyway, if you do want to
see
>it, the link is below.  Looking it now, the only part is absurdly long is
>the key checking part (needs a jump table or similiar).
>
>http://www.ticalc.org/pub/86/asm/source/tictac.asm
>

>> Well, congratulations, you, David Phillips, are the winner of The Ccg
>Award
>> (http://www.crappycodersguild.cjb.net)
>
>Aside from the fact that I think looking at that site would cause permanent
>eye injury,

YES! That was exactly my purpose!

>it is interesting.  For some reason (being 5am?),

Uh what is 5am?

>I find the
>following quote very humorous: "If you find errors, don't mail them,
because
>this is a crappy site."
>
>And I have seen programs that bad (though they don't use nearly that many
>different instructions).

So they actually exist!

I understand that you have not been on this list in July, this year. At that
time, this site resulted from the Hays discussion (they were BASIC
programmers, for 2 years on this list, not knowing how to make ANY asm
program, and we made an include file for them :-)
However, I still make quite crappy code too, look at the Groverizer source
which should appear soon at TiCalc.org. I hope to have it uncrappyfied in
max. a week.

Regards,
        Ronald Teune
        Using Opera since 08/10/2001    ;Extremely uncrappy
        http://www.zeekoe.cjb.net           ;quite crappy graphics, Dutch
only
        iets@zeekoe.cjb.net