[A83] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_=5BA83=5D_Re:_=5BA83=5D_Re:_From_Ant=F3nio?=

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_=5BA83=5D_Re:_=5BA83=5D_Re:_From_Ant=F3nio?=

> Van: Bruce Link <bjelink@yahoo.com>
>
> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/virtual.card.for.you.html
>
> This is not nice.

Yes, you shouldn't spread virus-warnings on any mailinglist.
Most of the time they are just hoaxes (fake messages, ment to stop
email-traffic by overloading mail-servers). If it isn't fake, then the
people who will actually need the information about the virus will get it
via other channels then (this) mailinglists.

But... Maybe nice to to not attach the entier message you replied to.
Especialy not if you think it's a hoax...

	Henk Poley

PS: I know, I am replying... (which I *shouldn't* do)
--------
>This virus simply destroys Sector
>Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are
>stored.

So did the very first versions of Linux (if you didn't watch out)...
I've read that this happend to Linus Torvalds when he tried to debug his
dailup scripts (or deamons): Instead of /dev/ctty0 he typed /dev/hda... So
at that moment his bootrecord started "ATDT" followed by his university's
phonenumber...

>As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened, the computer
>freezes. [..] When the ctrl+alt+del keys or the
>reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently
>destroying the hard disk

Think...
If you can't bootup, how could it email itself to anybody else...

>SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!

It seems that this sentence works better then writing a vbs virus that does
the replying automaticaly...