[A83] Re: ROM Page question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: ROM Page question

Someone asked this exact question six months ago, to which I replied:

I'm not for certain where this is documented, but setting the ROM
page for area $4000 requires writing to ports 0 and 2.  Bit 4 of port 0
controls bit 3 of the page number, and bits 0-2 of port 2 control bits 0-2
of the page number.  Credit for this info goes to Rusty Wagner (VTI source
code).  Note that port 0 also controls the link port, so I'm guessing that
the proper way to change the page bit is to read the port first and only
change bit 4.