Re: A83: ION and new batteries VERY WEIRD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ION and new batteries VERY WEIRD

I would deduce that the cause of the garbled graphics is due to the Fastcopy
routine of ION, which ION and its programs use often. It was timed and tested
to gain the fastest speed while keeping stability, and I would think the
power supplied to the LCD Driver is a factor of this stability. With fresh
batteries, perhaps it has too much power than needed (despite the existance
of voltage regulators), and then it becomes out of coordination with the
Fastcopy routine, writing either too early or too late to when the LCD Driver
is ready to do another write, therefor giving you garbled graphics. I cant
propose a solution for this possibly rare case, except to say to slow down
the Fastcopy routine slightly to accomidate all cases, however, the benefit
of the speed in normal cases outways the losses of this one case. I can say
That since you say the problem has gone away, and thats good, and I dont
recall anyone else reporting this problem (except when the routine had to be
slown down in an earlier version of ION), but it should be left alone now I
suppose.

Jason_K