A83: newbie compiling asm program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: newbie compiling asm program

I am a newbie to assembly, though I consider my self good at ti-basic, and
intermediate at c/c++.  I have an 83 Plus, and have been having a lot of
trouble even finding tutorials for it in asm.  I managed to find a set of
tutorials on ticalc.org in the news archives.  I followed the tutorial as
best I could.  I copied the program below from the tutorial, pasted it into
notepad, and saved it as clrscrn.z80. ( i removed some of the commenting)

#define B_CALL(xxxx) rst 28h \ .dw xxxx
#define B_JUMP(xxxx) call 50h \ .dw xxxx

_clrlcdfull =4540h
_homeup =4558h

.org 9D95h

B_CALL(_homeup) ;Bringing up the home screen
B_CALL(_clrlcdfull) ;Clearing the screen
ret ;Returning to TI-OS
.end ;End of program
END

Alright.  Being a newbie asm programmer, I really dont see anything wrong
with the program.  But, when I go to compile, using the supplied batch file
in the tutorial, this is what I get:

----- Assembling clrscrn for the TI-83 Plus...
TASM Z80 Assembler.       Version 3.1  February, 1998.
Copyright (C) 1998 Squak Valley Software
tasm: pass 1 complete.
clrscrn.z80 line 0009: Label not found: (rst)
clrscrn.z80 line 0009: label value misalligned.           (rst)
clrscrn.z80 line 0009: unrecognized directive.            (rst)
clrscrn.z80 line 0010: Label not found: (rst)
clrscrn.z80 line 0010: label value misalligned.           (rst)
clrscrn.z80 line 0010: unrecognized directive.            (rst)
tasm: pass 2 complete.
tasm: Number of errors = 6
----- Errors were found!
----- Done

Line 9 and 10 are the two B_CALL() lines near the bottom of the program.  I
have no idea what rst is.  I looked in the 83+ ASM Guide PDF from TI itself,
and found a small section mentioning several calls that you should use the
rst method with instead of the call method.  (thats what i think it said :)

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Andrew Friedley