A83: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TI coding skillz

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TI coding skillz

Yeah, that would make sense.  I didn't think about that for some reason.
But if that is true, then why would they include it on page C, with the
addresses setup so that it could run from there?  Unless they just weren't
thinking, and didn't bother to take it out later.  Maybe that's why it's not
in 1.10.

> I actually haven't checked, but I'm willing to bet that the reason it
> displays incorrectly is because when the text display routine is called,
the
> $0C page is switched out, and another page (with the text display routine
on
> it) is switched in.  So the pointer to the text is now a pointer to some
> random stuff on the new page, which is displayed.  TI-83 Plus applications
> have this same issue, the solution is to either copy to the text to RAM,
or
> have a text display routine in your app.

Follow-Ups: References: