A83: Breaking 8k size limit ?? [83+]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Breaking 8k size limit ?? [83+]

I just got an idea about breaking the 8k size limit, and i.e. sort of emulating applications, and I thought I should share it:

The Flash space has a "Frame" in 0x4000 to 0x7FFF, right,
Applications are .org'ed 0x4000, and executed from that space.

But, this Frame is also used to access all kind of data, including Variables and Appvars.

If we could somehow make an Appvar loaded on the start of the 0x4000 (It could be done on a phisically hacked calc, but if it is possible on a "legacy 83+"..., maybe TI made some logic in their system so they might be putting 16k vars in a single Flash page...)

Well, anyhow if they could be loaded on the start of a flash page, and this flash page would be loaded in the 0x4000 to 0x7FFF, a simple call to 0x4000 just might let the Assembly program put into the Appvar Execute...

But, TI isn't stupid, they proved so already, so why is it not possible...
(I have no idea, but TI made virtually anything Flashy impossible, and this way commercial apps could be loaded for copying, so they must have made it impossible)

Greetings,
Peter Martijn

Warning