Re: A83: ID Number [83+]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ID Number [83+]

> Let me rephrase the question.  Is it possible on the calculator, through
> assembly, to read the ID number of the calculator?

Okay, I don't own a 83+, but I think, if the GraphLink software can acces
the number, you can do it probably too...
Or maybe the 83+ has some 'secondary' hardware which is 'taking over' when
it detects special 'GraphLink commands' (ex: sending ROM update). Than it
would be more difficult, maybe impossible to get the ID of the calc the
program is runing on. But it may possible to get the ID of another 83+ if
it's linked. Perhaps you can find such details in "ti_protocol.zip" (to be
found at TiCalc).

Anyway I don't think that getting the ID of another calc is usefull, but
who knows?

Another thing, ROM versions are normaly 'written' at the end of the ROM,
maybe you can find the ID-info there too.