Re: A83: Re: crack team for LOZ:TOC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: crack team for LOZ:TOC

You can't do interrupt driven sound on the calculator.  The interrupt occurs
at ~200 times a second (usually less).  But you need two events, one to turn
it on, and one to turn it off.  That means at most you are going to get
sounds with the frequency of 100hz, which is way too low to hear.

> would almost certainly be possible.  The MIDI Player I'm
> envisioning has an interrupt driver that plays in "2 bit" sound mode-
> in other words, it plays piezo (sic) sounds as if that was the plug
> for the sound.  I could do this by using the APD buffer (after all, we
> don't need it while music is playing, do we?) and finally, MIDIs
> aren't that big anyway.  Not when they're shrunk down to 4
> channels, that is...

Follow-Ups: References: