Re: A83: Re: Zelda: Test of Courage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 21 Mar 00, at 8:22, Sam Heald wrote:

> >A complete storyline may not fit on the calculator at once,
> >but many huge games are divided into "episodes" that can be
> >>separately loaded. When you complete episode 1, it puts a variable
> >>in ram, or some other marker that will stay there, then you delte
> >>the program, and load episode 2. This is annoying, but for a truely
> >>great game, its worth it.
>
>    Zelda will fit entirely on one calculator. If space becomes too
>    much of a
> problem, we will remove some of the larger superfluous features like
> multiple saved games, title pictures, etc.
>
> The final game should break down somewhat like this:
> 10k = maps
> 9k = code
> 7k = sprites
>   Sam
For the TI-83+ version, I'd also like to add another 10K for FMVs.  It
would fit in ROM and the reader could pull it right out of ROM by
switching pages and just streaming it in.  BTW, 10K would be a
little more than 10 pics.  Dang!

Shigeru Miyamoto, Post Rapture, and Yachiyo Underwood are three people who will be remembered forever.

-The Godfather