Re: A83: Could we get back to the subject?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Could we get back to the subject?

HOPPEAL@fs1.usa.k12.mi.us writes:

<< My thoughts were this:  The 6502 has only three registers, while
 the Z80 has seven.  Also, the one for C64 (The 6510) is only 1 mHz
 while the Z80 in calcs are 6.
 In his own way, Mick Foley is a God. >>

Yes, but a 6502 has fast access to zero page, and much better
facilities for accessing memory. The Z80 is clocked at 6Mhz, but
the simplest instruction takes 4 clocks and many take many more,
whereas the most complex 6502 instructions are (I think) 8 cycles.