A83: Parallel Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Parallel Link

I am trying to connect my calc to the computer, but have had no luck
yet. I built the parallel cable as descibed on the ticalc site, with a
socket. Linktest says the cable responds with the 'should-be' values,
but when I run cal (in plain dos, ESP 1.7, ESP 1.9 or SSP port,
pentium 233 slowed down to 50% with mo'slo) I don't see any differ-
ence in behaviour when the cable is plugged into the calculator or
when it is not.

- sending a prog from calc to cal, the calc display for a moment says
'PYTHA2 PRGM' and then 'Error in Xmit', while cal just says 'Waiting'.
- sending a prog from cal to calc, the calc display says 'waiting...' and
cal says 'Sending...'. Nothing seems to happen.
- screen-capturing: nothing happens to the calc, cal just keeps on
recieving nothing.

What more can I try?

btw: when I try to send a mail with an attachment to this list, it doesn't
seem to arrive. Is this anti-spam/overload policy or a bug?

Arnout
arnout.engelen@beer.com