A83: asm - very perplexing problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: asm - very perplexing problem

Okay, I am trying to write a tennis game and i came to this little challenge
that i cant solve... it helps if anyone is aquainted with TENNIS for the
gameboy

I need to be able to check if up to three keys are pressed, one button for
swinging (there is [2nd] which is a faster hit, and [alpha] which is a
slower, lob-like hit), and two directional keys at a time.  This is because a
player could be running using one or two directional keys (combining for
eight way movement), swinging straight (no directional keys), or swinging in
a direction, by pressing the swing button and one or two directional keys
(for 9 places to hit the ball on the other side).  You could see how all of
this can get very confusing...hope i havent lost you yet.  Now, when i
started this project i assumed all of this would be possible because in other
games you can move diagonally, ( i.e. Airhawk).  I have been able to achieve
the combining of [2nd]+direction and [alpha]+direction..... but
direction+direction and ([2nd] or [alpha])+direction+direction have been more
complicated because the directions are in the same group.  please help if you
know how i can do this... the only theoretical wayi came up with would be
checking for singular keys in direct input and i know that isnt possible.
thank you very much, i know this is a very long email

Jared Verdi