Re: A83: Shells on the 83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Shells on the 83+

In a message dated 1/30/00 6:30:59 PM Central Standard Time,
kaypictures@clara.net writes:

> I don't think I explained about the extra archive space very well, so here
it
> goes again. I know that the archive is used for both Flash-APPS and storing
> archived variables, I'm not an idiot. My point was that while you normally
only get
> 160kb of archive space, TIs memory map shows 224kb of User Data/Swap
storage space.
> An --extra-- 64kb is available only for storing Flash-APPS. For example the
CBL/
> CBR Flash-App doesn't take up any archive space becuase it uses one of the
four
> Flash-APP only memory pages.
>
>  --Robin Kay--

This is not to my knowledge... Page 8 of the SDK Guide shows the Rom
structure. The Light Grey areas are available for Apps & any other archived
variables. I dont see any note of certain pages specifically reserved for
Apps. It shows that 160K of the 224K can contain Apps, the other 64K cannot,
and is used by the system for Swap Space and Storage for archived
variables.... Btw, the CBL/CBR App is a 32K App.

Jason_K