Re: A83: OT: Free DSL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: OT: Free DSL

In a message dated 1/20/00 3:19:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
laurensh1@yahoo.com writes:

> Too bad they don't offer such a thing in the Netherlands, by the way. Since
>  a few months we've got a dozen of free internet-providers, but the
>  telephone-service doesn't support ADSL yet, only ISDN... (Btw, isn't the
>  abbrevation ADSL instead of DSL??? At least all documents I read about
>  it -not that much- referred to it as ADSL. I think A stands for Analog)
>  (*snif*)

There are two types of DSL: asynchronous (ADSL) and synchronous (SDSL).  ADSL
has different speeds for uploads and downloads (with downloads generally
being faster) while SDSL is the same speed for both.  Afaik, ADSL is more
efficient, though I'm not sure why.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>