Re: A83: Re: Poll: Compression

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Poll: Compression

In accordance with the prophecy, Solignac Julien uttered:

> It really depends on what compression you use. I made a Huffman compression
> engine on the 83 and it reaches quotas of 50% on Asm files and about 80% on
> text or levels. Besides that, the de/compression engine takes about 2000
> Bytes.

The decompression routine in Stranded takes 129 bytes.

You might want to check it out at http://linusworld.cjb.net.

Linus
     "...in Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare,
     terror, murder bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo,
     Leonardo Da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had
     the brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and
     peace. And what did they produce? The cuckoo-clock."

          -- Orson Wells to Joseph Cotton in the movie "the third man"
lairfight@softhome.net, visit http://linusworld.cjb.net (PGP key available).

Follow-Ups: References: