Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

I can write programs for the 83, I was just trying to learn how to program
the 83 plus.  Anyway, I am making the disassembler for DOS, which I have
been programming in for years.  I haven't been able to find a
disassembler besides the one in the Virtual TI, so I decided to write one.
I will continue to write it, because I want a disassembler that will work
the way I want it to work.  I will give copies of it when I'm done.  It
can handle lots of commands so far, and I hope to have it give the names
of the ROM calls, too.

Jeremy

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/21/00 10:43:31 AM Central Standard Time,
> jedrake@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us writes:
>
> > I was able to get my program to work (sort of).  It displays a strange
> >  character and the "this is small text" message.  But that's OK.  I now
> >  know how to do it, so I can make more programs.
> >
> >  I'm currently working on a TI-83 disassembler.  It would take a "squished"
> >  .83p file and turn it into a source file.  It's going along pretty well,
> >  I'm already on opcode B0h.  My eventual goal is to convert Bill Nagel's
> >  Nibbles, Pong, and Tetris into 83 plus.  Now that I know how to convert 83
> >  to 83 plus, all I need is a disassembler, which is currently in the
> >  making.  Would anyone want a copy of this disassembler when I'm done with
> >  it, sort of beta testing, I guess?  It's going to be a while, I'm getting
> >  into the hard stuff starting at CBh, DDh, and EDh.  They each have 255
> >  opcodes that start with that byte and have another byte in the code.  Lots
> >  of boring typing...
> >
> >  Jeremy
>
> Jimmy Conner has already made a Dissassembler that can do a prog from any z80
> calc. And Dan Englender has already made on that works On-Calc in his program
> called Calcsys. I think your efforts to make such a program would be wasted.
> Btw, why start on such a large project if you just learned how to send a
> Hello World type prog to your calc? I think you need more experience in
> coding first, and you should start out learning by making smaller programs.
> cya...
>
> Jason_K

Follow-Ups: References: