Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

Unlike the native execution of programs on the 83, programs on the 83+ are not hexadecimally
encoded (though they can be). 1 byte of data in the source equates to 1 byte of data in the
resulting .8xp. I belive you are refering to AsmComp( which is used to compile hex encoded
programs. Asm(prgm is used to execute unencoded programs from TI-OS, it is the equivielent of
running a 'squished' program on the 83 but no additionally program is required. Hence there is
much less to be gained from using a shell on the 83+. There is no function or program called
AsmPrgm on the 83+. You run assembler programs from TI-OS by selecting the Asm( function from
the catalog menu and then pressing PRGM to bring up the program menu as you would if you were
running a BASIC program.

--Robin Kay--

James Matthews wrote:

> Ok, on the 83+ when you run a standard assembly program, you have to have AsmPrgm (look in
> the Catalog menu) at the beginning of your program. Like this:
>
> AsmPrgm
> EF4045062F0E2F1601EFE347FDCB1296
> ...etc
> E3470DC3EB9D1601EFE347C3A99DC9