A83: Re: Recent Internet Attacks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Recent Internet Attacks

> I was just wondering?  Seeing how Al Gore "invented"
> the internet, then how come he can't tell us who did
> the attacks on the wbe site?

Forgive my stupidity, but I don't see how Al Gore 'invented' the internet (I
thought Al Gore was a vice-president or so and not a programmer). I don't
know what would be the difference between an attack to the 'wbe site' (what
ever wbe may be) and any other attack. If an attack is done right (with ip
spoofing, log tampering etcetera) it would be _very_ hard to determine who
did that attack. Fortunately, most 'destructive' attacks are done by people
who
know little about hacking the -right- way (I am not saying I do), so it
might well
be possible to find out where the attack did originate from.

Still I don't see how Al Gore can tell us that, I suppose he isn't a
computer
security expert. Anyway why was this posted to this list? To me it seems
_way_ off topic here.

Arnout
arnout.engelen@beer.com

Follow-Ups: References: