Re: A83: Re: SDK PDF file and ti83plus.inc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: SDK PDF file and ti83plus.inc

We've used Assembly Studio 8x for application development and it works just
fine.  ZDS is bloated and imho, not very suited to small programs like apps
for the 83+.  It is more suited to large things like calculators ROMs that
have to be split accross multiple ROM banks.  It would be almost impossible
to write anything that complex with TASM, simple because it assumes a set
address space for all output object code.  This is the same reason that a
more powerful assembler is required for the Nintendo Game Boy if the code
will not fit in two ROM banks.

The new version should be out shortly, and it will fully support application
development.

> > Yep. Got it.  Now to rewrite it so it's compatible with TASM... Then
> > get the sound program translated.
>
> Haha, have fun :)...
>
> I'd use ZDS if I were you...TASM is out now. Application development would
be a lot harder
> with TASM...use what TI supports, saves you a shitload of trouble.

Follow-Ups: References: