Re: A83: Calling all great programmers!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Calling all great programmers!!

Now a reply to straighten things up.
yep it's from that 'kid' that shouldn't react on you anymore:

> Van: Skiaron@aol.com
> Aan: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
> Onderwerp: Re: A83: Calling all great programmers!!
> Datum: zaterdag 23 december 2000 18:02
>
> I can't download it from there
> (ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/calc-apps/sdk/ti83p_appguru08.chm)

Okay it's from a FTP server, and you had troubles with that, read on...

> OBVIOUSLY.
> It is in html code, but not in Hyper-Text-Transer-Protocol.

---and---

> Van: Skiaron@aol.com
> Aan: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
> Onderwerp: Re: A83: Calling all great programmers!!
> Datum: zaterdag 23 december 2000 18:00

Not how you get it in HTTP format.
How you download it with HTTP.
-skiaron@aol.com-

Okay:

HTTP - protocol about file-transfering over the internet
	(especialy "marked up text's" HTML-texts)
	Can also be used to transfer files, all browsers can handle this (I think)

FTP - protocol about file-transfering over the internet
	(only files this time)
	Most browser can handle this type (IE, Netscape, Opera,
		don't know about AOL)
	If your browser can't, use a FTP-client to download 'manualy'
	Go to http://www.download.com/ type "FTP" as search-string,
	and download the right "CLIENT"!!!! (not a server).
	The client can be used like Norton Commander or Windows Explorer.
	You have two panes, one with your directory/map structure, and
	one from the server you are logged on (just type the adress of the
	file 'somewhere' and look if you can find the file there)
	click "download" / "exchange" or something, to do the transfer.
	...ét voila...

*.CHM - Microsofts new Help-file type, it's based on HTML...
	You will need an update from http://www.microsoft.com if you are using
	Windows95 and you don't have Internet Explorer 4 or 5 installed.
	It's some compressed archive, with HTML files inside, don't think
	there are viewers for platforms other than Windows...

If somebody has any questions... I think they should call theire helpdesk.
Or if they know how to do that, ask it on a newsgroup that has been made
for those questions!!!