A83: Error handlers [83]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Error handlers [83]

I think this subject is interesting, more because I didn't find much about
it. Only some document saying that it is possible to install a 'new
error-handler'. Okay...

What does that error handler do? (besides giving a "ERR:xxx" message)
And how can you change the behaviour?

Most Ion-games which are *smart* enough to do error-trapping come up with
an error-message, after wich I can return to the prompt to see that my calc
has crashed... Not quite the way I want it to be.

Most of those errors are merely because a misuse of numbers.
Such as, trying to do a _SIN call on a negative number in OP1. Okay, the
programmer certainly want's to know if this happens. But I think every
program should be able to react in it's own ways, sometimes such error
aren't that serious...

	Henk Poley

----
Think about what amazing discoveries will be done in the next Millenium...
We will be able to take a trip to the Moon or Mars, and we will be able to
talk to our PCs!!!