A83: Re: Ti uses MD5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Ti uses MD5

I'm not one to argue since I haven't spent hours dissassembling the rom, but
this doesn't mean that it necessarily uses MD5.  They could be using a
modified version of the algorithm, or a completely different algorithm
altogether.  MD5 is a bear, and I would hate to have to implement it in z80.
If you want to be certain that it uses MD5, I suggest comparing data and
generated hashes with a known MD5.  I wrote a script that might be useful
while testing, and if you want I can send you the C code for calculating
MD5.  It's the same as the reference implementation from the RFC, but I made
it much easier to use.

http://david.acz.org/md5.php