Re: A83: Re: Animation with _ILine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Animation with _ILine

i'm not sure, i never set down and analyzed the instruction timings from my
code.   It is a pretty straightforward algorithm, where i find the slope by
my own 8 bit division routine (h/l), which keeps the remainder.  Then the
loop begins, where X is incremented each turn, with Y increasing from a
fraction of a point (via the remainder of the slope) to a large amount each
loop.  If you guys have trouble running it, it is probably because the
routine is poorly documented, and I neglected to include logic to ensure
that B < D.

-harper

At 02:16 PM 8/23/00 -0600, you wrote:

>Is it faster than Mardell's?
>
> > i also have a line drawing routine, which is loosely based on bresham's
> > line drawing algorithm.  It's fairly efficient, but i'm not sure how it
> > compares to dan's.  Check it out at http://void.calc.org/programming/

Follow-Ups: References: