A83: ZeS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: ZeS

I was wondering if anybody on this list has used ZeS, the "shell" that
allows for self-loading ASM programs. If so, has there been any problems
with it?

My Zelda project will most likely max out the TI-83's memory and then some,
so if I could save space by eliminating GUI (who needs a GUI if Zelda is the
only program on the calculator anyway?), that would be great.

Obviously, I would prefer NOT to use ZeS simply because very few users know
about it or how to use it, so I'm asking more as a precaution. The 82 also
uses shells, so the byte gap between the 82 and the 83 wouldn't be that
significant. However, Zelda will most likely max out the 82's memory as
well, which would make it about 500 bytes too big for SOS, Ashell, or ION.
  Sam