Re: A83: WANTED: Harper Maddox

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: WANTED: Harper Maddox

Nathan Gaylinn wrote:

> I already figured out the Vert loop, but the writing two bits I have been
> quite unsuccessful on, at least I am closer than before. Please though, can
> you give me more specific help?

Well, unfortunately I forgot to save all of my old 83 code, including
the modified blit routine I had made.  I'd rather not hazard a solution
without testing it out first, and looking at Movax's code again I
remember it was in fact more complicated than I described earlier.

A quick hack, I think, would be to surround the shifting loop and
byte-writing block with another loop which repeats once, with whatever
register manipulation is necessary.  It's dirty, but it should work -
correctness first, then optimization.

--
John Kugelman  jkugelman@mgfairfax.rr.com

I believe we can change anything.