Re: A83: Has anyone dumped the 83+ ROM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Has anyone dumped the 83+ ROM?

In a message dated 9/24/99 9:53:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
barubary@home.com writes:

> Has anyone dumped the 83+ ROM yet?  I have some disassembly to do to find
>  out if an "application" could be written to allow original 83 programs to
>  run on the 83+ (NOTE: this IS possible if flashrom can be mapped into
>  4000-7FFF...)
>
>  -- Barubary

Well lets see... Yes FlashRom is in $4000-$7FFF most of the time, unless you
manually switch a Ram page into there for some odd reason... Where do you
plan on "finding out" if an application can do this for you?  An 83 Emu on
the 83+ is really a dumb idea... It's not worth it to try to fit the 83's Rom
into Archive Memory on the 83+, and then have some type of program that
redirects alot of romcalls in the 83 prog's data... It's just easier to write
for ION, and then your progs become compatible for the 83 and 83+, and games
can be ported quite easily also... Btw, its not like there is some big
secret, or that there is some hidden info out there that will allow you to
better create this idea which many other people have brainstormed for, it is
just not proctical to try to get 83 games to run on the 83+ without any
alteration... Oh yeah, and about the rom dump, no, nobody has gotten one for
the 83+ yet... cya. =P

Jason_K