Re: A83: 83+ changes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: 83+ changes

In a message dated 9/18/99 9:55:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
ticalc@hotmail.com writes:

> Does anyone know of some rules for changing the source code of an 83
>  assembly program to an 83+ assembly program?  Thanks for any help you can
>  give.

You can develope for the 83+ if you make your program for ION, using the
correct equates in the ion.inc that Joe has defined for programmers, then
using the batch file he included in the ion.zip file, and it will compile
your prog for ION which will produce an 83 and 83+ version of it...
Programming for the 83+ isnt much different than the 83. Some equate names
have changed, and there are a few more new features it has, but unfortunately
TI hasnt given enough documentation to the public for any of that new stuff
to be used. =P  There are some more free ram areas, for example, a whole
nother Back Up Buffer of 768 bytes, so that should be useful to some
programmers. A problem that arises with that though is it doesnt exist on the
83, so you wont be able to compile a prog for ION on the 83 if you store
stuff to that space on the 83+. It was mostly incorporated for Application
programmers, ofcourse those not being compatible on the 83... =P  Well, the
place you should go to make ASM Progs for the 83+ is "joewing.calc.org", and
developing for ION is a good thing, as opposed to making programs that run
directly from the OS, since ION can run progs that have been archived (stored
in flashrom), and also since it is just the latest thing to do. =)  Well, I
hope I could be of some help, cya...

Jason_K
TCPA Member
tcpa.calc.org