Re: A83: Upcoming Software From The Hays Games Company

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Upcoming Software From The Hays Games Company

> Tom,
> Yes, I'm sure some of you could supply us with all the e-mail we could
> handle, but in doing so, you would lose the right to tell Hays what you
> think is right and wrong in the TiCommunity because that is one of the
> tricks Hays used to use on programmers over and over, and you would in turn
> be as bad as we once were.  The TiCOmmunity has already expressed that they
> do not want flammers, which is one of the many reasons why Hays was shunned
> from the Community the first time back in July '98.  But now, through
> legitimacy, Hays is slowly being readmitted into the Community.

Slowly being readmitted?  Is there like a formal process or something? :)

> We have
> learned that in order to be accepted in this community, you have to work
> woth other programmers rather then attempt to destroy them, like how we
> onced attacked Bill Nagel and Joe W.

You do learn - good.

> So yes, Tom, you could flame us and
> try to remove us from the community, but you would be no better then we once
> were, and you would be on the road to losing respect from the community.
> Sorry, but thats the way it is, and we learned the hard way, perhaps it's
> time that you learn as well.

Frankly, do you really think Hays can regain (did it ever have it in the first place?) respect in the TI community?  You've stolen numerous programs from various authors and released them as your own.  The most famous, I believe, was your rip of ZTetris that ticalc.org posted.  (Yes, ticalc.org is stupid :P)  Tell me, what do you plan to do that seriously will bring your image into a better light?

Bryan