A83: Re: Fresh News

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Fresh News

Sorry, this idea has already been done.  And if you are going to copy the
rom, it would not run any faster.  You need to compile programs to use
integer operations.  Then you might as well use a C compiler, which would
make code huge.

(You don't want to start this...been argued way to much on A86 :)

> Are you as tired of the "New Company" string as I? Well here's something
> new, a new string, a new idea. Here it is, the TI-BASIC compiler! My
> idea is to go into the ROM of any calc you please, and find the internal
> code for translating the BASIC to essentially ASM to be run. If you
> could find this code and recreate it in either ASM or a comp. language,
> you could assemble a BASIC program into ASM, really helping out those
> BASIC writers out there. I know no one on this list will use it, but
> it's till a good idea. I know nearly nothing about the ROM file, so I
> myself can not do this. Is anyone interested?

Follow-Ups: References: