Re: A83:STILL NEED HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83:STILL NEED HELP!

> > Hehe...complicated routine?  :)
> >
> >   ld hl,SourceBuffer    ; where you are copying from
> >   ld de,TargetBuffer    ; where you want to copy to
> >   ld bc,768                 ; the number of bytes to copy (screen is 768
> >  bytes)
> >   ldir                           ; copy all the bytes
> >
> >  If this is not what you meant, sorry.
>
> LOL.  He wants to retrieve what's literally in the screen's internal
cache,
> not just copy from one buffer to another :-)

Ahhh... interesting. So a 'backwards' SOS (or ION) fastCopy routine, eh?
Quite simple I think. Get the fastCopy routine from the zGfxl library
sources (SOS), and change the data OUT to IN. Next, change LD A,(HL) to LD
(HL),A etc. and other things like that and I think it should work. Just keep
in mind to have 53 T-states min. between every access to the display
controller.

Should work I think (from memory). Although I have never tried it I wouldn't
know why it should not work.
More info on the display controller: 82PORTS.TXT on www.ticalc.org

If you think you can't do it, I can (quite easily), but you'll have to
specificly ask for it then.

~Grauw

--
          email me: laurensh@geocities.com or ICQ: 10196372