Re: A83: Re: 83 and 83+ ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: 83 and 83+ ASM

> On this note, does anyone know the locations of some 83+ ROM calls?  I
> only know 3, home cursor, display char, and get key... and although these
> are all I need for a simple program, I'd like to have more, if I could...
> or, since I have the 1.12 ROM source, does anyone know where the romcalls
> are located?  If so, I could search through and find them myself.

The 83+ SDK has most of the 83+ ROM calls documented, though anyone who has
it had to sign an NDA.  You'll have to wait until it comes out of NDA, or
try emailing TI about it.

> Also, do the ports work the same on 82 and 83/83+?  I know that 10 is
> still the display control port, and I figured it's the same component, so
> at least the display would have the same controls... but how about the
> keyboard, say?

The keyboard port is the same on all z80 calculators, even 85/86.  It is
used exactly as on the 82/83.  The only ports that are different are those
that are used to control ROM bank switching.

> And as a third question, how was 83 ASM changed when they upgraded to the
> new case?  A friend has one and is disappointed that the old games don't
> work.

The entire ROM structure changed.  Simply put, 83 games will work if they
are compiled for ION.