Re: A83: Re: 83 and 83+ ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: 83 and 83+ ASM

> Really, they're the same?  Then why can't you run an 83 ASM program on an
> 83+?  What's involved in "recompiling"?

Basically, when you compile a program the include file changes all the rom
calls to memory addresses:
    _clrLCDFull equates to 5547. (which is 4755h in the memory).
These are different on the 83 and 83+...so chances are something horrible
will happen if you try to run them. Nevertheless, the chip (therefore
language) is the same, so all that is involved is changing the header file
(perhaps, I've never actually done this - I'm assuming!)...and compiling
every over again.

Later,

James.