Re: A83: the *.clc file

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: the *.clc file

The .hex files such as et112.hex are what stores the ROM (pretty sure), but
I'm still trying to (read: didn't) figure out the format of them.  When
decoded, it comes out to about 273k, when it should be 512k.  I'm assuming
that there is a lot of padding in the VTI one that was cut from TI's.  I was
talking with Rusty about it, so if he has time and can figure it out the
next version of VTI will probably have support to load them directly.  If
anyone knows exactly what the .hex file is supposed to be, please let me
know.

> Umm... from what what I understand, isn't that what we want? Well... we
> would still need the ti's rom in the flash rom which according to that
> would mean it wasn't there, but would they tell you if it was? They have
> to have it somewhere (Even though they call it a simulator). What else
> could all the space be wasted on?
>
> Ted21@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I remember that a while ago someone asked if it was possible to extract
a ROM
> > image from the *.clc file, but on page 138 of the SDK info it says it is
just
> > used to store files included in RAM, and Apps for the FLASH ROM.

Follow-Ups: References: