Re: A83: About the Zilog Developer Studio....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: About the Zilog Developer Studio....

He was talking about Assembly Studio 86, not ZDS.

In a message dated 11/3/99 10:45:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gte172i@prism.gatech.edu writes:

> I agree upon the merits of a development suite for something a bit more
>  complex than z80 coding for ti calculators, but I don't see how you can
>  substantiate a claim that the ZiLOG development suite will enable the user
>  to work 2-10 times faster.  A language more complex semantics, such as Java
>  or C, is however much more effective in speeding up development when a
>  programming suite is applied.
>
>  I see no real benefit in the IDE for Ti calcs, unless you are a beginner in
>  the language.  I already have everything i need to develop, and when a
>  problem comes along that requires addition help to automate production, I
>  write a C program or batch file that does it for me.  If you want the files
>  I use just email me.  I wrote a pcx -> asm sprite maker, batch file to
>  synchronize zasm and devpac, and have devpac.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/