Re: A83: [OT] Help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: [OT] Help!

I ordered the Bung stuff from upstategames.com.  It is $29 for the Xchanger
(cart flasher) and $49 for a 16mbit cart or $89 for a 64mbit cart.  Bung
stopped making the 4mbit cartridges and starter kits, but if you email
Upstate Games within a few days you might be able to get one (I got an email
just today that they had a very few left...a day after I'd already ordered
the other stuff :-(

The official software is quite expensive (I hear rumors the ISAS assembler
and emulator is $2000-$3000), but you'd have to be an official developer
anyway.  And I sure wouldn't buy it.  For that price, I could develop my own
tools (hmm... :)  RGBDS is a fine GB assembler that even professional
companies use, and it's free.  There is also a free C compiler and plenty of
other tools.  Getting into it is a bit tougher than calcs simply due to the
hardware being so much more complex, but once you do, it's not hard.  None
of the released emulators do justice, as we've had code not work on no$gmb
that works on the real thing, and vice versa.  Though, that may change soon
=)