Re: A83: Alternative to Windows 95

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Alternative to Windows 95

The only problem with the OS's you listed there is that almost all the
programs you bought won't work on them... Although if you get
www.freebsd.com its a type of Linux, you can still switch OS's so if you
wanted to use something in Windows (lol, yeah right), you can switch from
FreeBSD, to windows, and vice versa... FreeBSD is about $40... You might
want to check it out...
(KSA)Tekken

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:01:41 PST ". homonerdicus" <bomber912@hotmail.com>
writes:

>Hi
>
>I'm fed up (don't worry you won't get nuked by this message) with all
>
>the Microsoft crappy products...
>Especially the OS.
>Windows, 1000 bugs a day and you're lucky !!!
>What other options do I have
>
>Linux  $$$$$$
>Unix $
>Amiga $?
>other?
>
>What are the prices and pros/cons of every other
>Compatibility with others.
>I mostly use a word processor, a C compiler and Internet + calc
>emulators
>Are those available for any of the above OS.
>
>This is wayyyyy of subject but I see the list is pretty dry right now
>so
>I figured it wouldn't hurt anybody.
>
>see you later
>
>homonerdicus

"A 'Sprite' is computer jargon for a picture that is moved across a
screen.  Look at
any arcade game, and all those little moving parts are sprites."
-James Matthews

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]