Re: A83: Crappy ASM on Certain 83...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Crappy ASM on Certain 83...

In a message dated 3/11/99 6:21:55 PM Central Standard Time, uncool3@juno.com
writes:

> Wait let me change that a little, First, why did you change the
>  processor!?! Why fix something thats not broken!? Now almost all the ASM
>  games that use Scrolling are really messed up, good thing my game dosn't
>  use scrolling... Well... Now people that have the ROM 10 arn't gonna be
>  able to play a lot of ASM games... Another thing, I didn't realize you
>  were from TI...lol, sorry :P
>  (KSA)Tekken
>
>  On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:59:53 -0500 "(KSA) Tekken" <uncool3@juno.com>
>  writes:
>  > Thats just great, now games will have to be developed differently for
>  >the
>  >new 83's... God, if you ask me I think TI is screwing us
>  >programers..

I don't think they put in the new chip for the purpose of making it harder for
us ASM programmers.  And no, the old chip's not broken, but the new one
improves on the old one partially by speeding it up.  So you can't really
blame them for improving the chips, it's just that the added speed messes up
program timing.

-Jared C.
http://come.to/tivault